• Lenapehoking - While Jano was not born in Pennsylvania, he has lived in the area for more than two decades and most people treat him like a local. Those who harbor feelings otherwise tend to keep them to themselves in his presence, as he insists that his blood stained these lands long before most people who deign to call themselves Philly "natives."
• Community-Based Civil Defense Advocate - Jano is involved in several community-based survival programs such as the Huey P. Newton Gun Club and the People's Cooperative Housing Program. He has been known to offer free classes in self-defense, street and wilderness survival, and weather and disaster preparedness. Some people just call him a prepper.
• Urfarah's Heir - Jano is a werewolf. For many, this is not a hook at all, but a reason to keep a safe distance--bur for those who understand or empathize with the plight of the Uratha, Jano's course is clear, and he does not turn down followers.
• Abni-Gur - Jano follows a strict and harsh code of self-improvement. He can often be found practicing some new skill with which he has little familiarity, or engaging in dangerous practices such as deep sea diving or ice storm camping.
• Welcoming Committee - Jano usually tries to make himself available to assist new Uratha getting settled down into the local territories. Sometimes this is nothing more than a brief greeting and sharing where pack territory borders exist--but just as often he will be there helping to drive out spiritual infestations in hopeful territories and might even help move that piano.
• The Wounding of Bancroft Jano was there and participated in the horrific battle, and even earned a great deal of Honor in the aftermath for his battlefield conduct. However, he also lost almost his entire pack, the Cardinal Wind.