| Has something terrible happened that the police haven't been able to help with? If you need answers and you're desperate, determined, and willing to believe that things might be possible that most people think are just fiction, then asking around enough might get you pointed in the direction of Mei Lee. She's picky about the clients that she'll take, but she has been able to solve a case or two that everyone else said was impossible.
You just have to be able to get past her reluctance to take on those sorts of jobs, how picky she is about her clients, and the fact that she's more than a little unorthodox in her approach and her hours.
[ edit ]
- Annie: You're truly a credit to our community, and I hope at some point I can find a way to repay you for your kindness.
- Rabbi Aaron: He gives solid advice, and I'm grateful to have him in my life. Especially since it looks like we're in for a wild ride together.
- Master Fox: I truly can't understand how someone can be so enthusiastic about pretty much everything, but it actually helps right now.
- Lux: The kind of person who makes sure a drunk stranger gets home safely, or one arrested first-degree felony aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.
- Makoto Mori: I have a constant nagging feeling that your help is going to cost more than I want to pay, but that might just be my history speaking.
[ edit ]
Psychic Private Investigator?: For many years, Mei advertised herself as a psychic private investigator. It was on her business cards, it was on her website, and it was on her listing on Yelp. Pretty much anywhere where she was providing details about her own services, she mentioned that she was psychic. At the time it was just her being upfront, not caring if people didn't believe her, and an attempt at culling the sorts of business she got down to the things that she actually wanted to do. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea.
Baby Mage: Mei just Awakened, and as such she has no idea what's going on. Maybe you want to teach her a thing or two or convince her your perspective is right before someone else gets to her.
Minor Celebrity Mei recently ended up on the news for beating the crap out of some cops at a protest, after they clubbed into unconsciousness an imam who was peacefully shielding others from their brutality. She broke at least one nose, kneed one in the groin hard enough to put him in the hospital, as well as leaving quite a few of them with no shortage of bruises in a pretty impressive display of martial arts skill that got recorded by bystanders. She took quite a beating in turn, including a bean bag round to the face. If you're either the kind of person who really hates cops or who loves the taste of boot, this might be a big deal to you.
Martial Arts: Mei's father teaches martial arts for a living, and Mei has been learning since she was a kid. She doesn't fight professionally, but she has an interest in styles other than what she's grown up with and knows some of the other practitioners in town, as well as some of the professional fighters. It's more a hobby and a form of exercise than a passion, but she has been doing it a long time, so she's certainly not bad.
[ edit ]
- 15th March, 2020: A Meeting of their Minds
- 26th March, 2020: Of Jobs and Diets
- 30th April, 2020: Supernal Foreshadowing Intensifies
- 6th May, 2020: Pacifisticuffs
- 6th May, 2020: Pacifisticuffs Broadcasts
- 9th May, 2020: A Doomed First Step
- 10th May, 2020: The Welcoming Committee
- 10th May, 2020: Tea And (No) Healing
- 11th May, 2020: Operation Smuggle Kugel
- 16th May, 2020: Introducing Parhelion
- 16th May, 2020: Klein Bottle for Rats
- 16th May, 2020: I Do Not Think She Wants My Life
- 22nd May, 2020: Orders and Rats
- 23rd May, 2020: A Feast for New Arrivals
- 26th May, 2020: On the Matter of Arrow Philosophy
- 7th June, 2020: Mei Meets Peacekeeper
- 11th June, 2020: The Murder Visits
- 12th June, 2020: Inducting Parhelion
- 18th June, 2020: A Valiant Effort
- 19th June, 2020: Healing The Healer
- 22nd June, 2020: Titles, Tattoos, And Names
- 22nd June, 2020: The Fire(bird)s In Our Hearts
- 27th June, 2020: Stung by Yellow Jackets
- 27th June, 2020: Discussing Travel
- 13th July, 2020: The Birdbath
- 18th July, 2020: Relaxing at the Arboretum
- 29th July, 2020: Rootin' Tootin' Cadre Time
- 18th August, 2020: Making Tomorrow Better, Today
- 19th August, 2020: Curiosity and VashaPrime
- 9th January, 2021: Catching Up and Making Plans
- 16th January, 2021: And More Snuggles
- 1st February, 2021: A New Branch
- 4th February, 2021: Lost and Found Part 1
- 9th February, 2021: Waffles and Statues
- 22nd February, 2021: They Mei (or Mei Not) Smooch At The End
- 24th February, 2021: Lost and Found Part 4
- 25th February, 2021: Lost and Found Part 5
- 26th February, 2021: Horror, Then Awe
- 28th February, 2021: It Feels More Fair
- 14th March, 2021: Mystery in the Mist
- 15th March, 2021: Lodge Socialization
- 28th March, 2021: Direct Communication
- 5th April, 2021: Attempting to Vibe
- 11th April, 2021: The Eyes of the Mask: About A Man
- 11th April, 2021: The Eyes of the Mask: Getting There First
- 18th April, 2021: The Eyes of the Mask: Desecration of Life and Death
- 6th May, 2021: BE NOT AFRAID
Phantogram - Dear God
- Dear God, you save the lonely, lonely lives
- I'm feelin' good, I'm feelin' fine
- These days, I see too much, I ain't got time
- I'm outta sight, I'm outta mind
- Take me out of this world I'm living in
- Tell, tell my friends 'cause I know I wanna see again
Phantogram - Let Me Down
- Running, running outta days
- Digging my only grave, yeah
- I tried to take my break
- But the demon is always angry
- Ooh, it goes on and on, and now it ends
- The reality's breaking me in
- Don't leave me here this way
- Now you're ready to let me down
Shivaree - Goodnight Moon
- There's a blade by the bed
- And a phone in my hand
- A dog on the floor
- And some cash on the nightstand
- When I'm all alone the dreaming stops
- And I just can't stand
Brand New - Millstone
- I used to pray like God was listening.
- I used to make my parents proud.
- I was the glue that kept my friends together,
- Now they don't talk and we don't go out.
- I used to know the name of every person I'd kissed.
- Now I made this bed and I can't fall asleep in it.
I:Scintilla - Swimmers Can Drown
- My timeline is a wire
- Wrapped tight around my neck
- Slowing apathy swells,
- Give in to disconnect
- Unworldly transmission
- Fed to relive the shame
- I don't want a trial
- I'll take all the blame
Daniel Kahn & The Painted Bird - Freedom Is A Verb
- It's a verb! It's a verb!
- Freedom is a verb
- Something never finished, never done
- It's something you can fake
- And it's something that'll break
- If it ain't something that you constantly become
[ edit ]
Lights grow slightly brighter, true darkness never seems to settle in, and everything appears more crisply defined and distinct.
This nimbus consists of a combination of atmospheric light phenomena that combine to look like an eye of light with Mei herself in the glowing pupil; a halo surrounds her, with glowing parhelion at arm's length to either side and tangential arcs above and below. (Tilt: +2 Composure, +2 Resolve)
Soft halos of light surround things touched by Mei's signature nimbus, growing slowly dimmer over the duration of their effect until fading completely.
[ edit ]
||Mei Lee (李美)
||January 10, 1990
||Children of the Tree
[ edit ]
|Second Degree Adept Parhelion, Scion and Thaumaturge on the Path to the Aether, Supernal Realm of Prime and Forces, and abode of Angels, Scion of the Watchtower of the Golden Key, Adept of Life and Prime, Disciple of Forces
[ edit ]