|By reputation, the individual known as Vorpal is worrisome. From one account to the other, he's been described as everything from "concerningly Wyrd" to "just this side of Them." The stories mainly revolve around impossible feats of agility and bladework, inhuman features like razored fingers and missing eyes, and an overwhelmingly Wyrd presence outright tangible to those nearby.
The reality of the man is significantly less (immediately) frightening.
While his Autumn mantle is of impressive stature, his Wyrd is nothing like the worst of the stories told about him. He doesn't appear nearly so alien and detached, either. Perhaps they're exaggerated. Or, perhaps- it's not impossible, with years of effort and a dedicated Motley in support- to drag oneself back from the brink of madness, and reclaim some measure of one's humanity.
Watching him fight, though...
The stories sound less and less like exaggeration.
To outsiders, Johnathan Drexel looks like a skinny fellow with an unfortunate addiction to scarification. He's covered in the thin, delicate whorls and swirls, leaving the already pale fellow with the dark hair looking a bit more strange than usual. He favors dark hooded shirts, denim pants, and black leather jackets and coats, as if someone gave life to some teenage edgelord's identity fantasies.
To the Lost, his eyes vanish almost entirely into black pools of shadow, and the sharp features he bear cast similar pitch patches across his body, leaving him looking almost like a black and white comic character. His shadow itself doesn't obey his movements, and shifts about, reflecting the drift of his subconscious instead of the movement of his form.
Vorpal's mantle is imposing. Shadows near him darken to pitch, his mantle filling them with the almost-sounds of distant whispers, skittering creatures, and sharpening blades. Autumnal leaves at their finest swirl past along the ground- surely just brought in by a recent entry to the room, and gone when you look again- and the quiet surety that the doors nearby go Someplace Else.
[ edit ]
- No doubt coming soon
- Your ad here
- See inside for details
[ edit ]
- Hunter - Once calling himself the God of the Hunt, Vorpal has left that behind him- but not the hunt, itself. Have something in need of his attention? He's not picky, and rumor has it he is very, very good at going places he shouldn't.
- High Wyrd - Does all that Wyrd concern you? Maybe you should bring it up.
- Autumn - He knows many things about many strange, strange places, and how to get to most of them. Need a guide?
[ edit ]
- 25th February, 2020: Knitting Amaranthine
- 26th February, 2020: At Market
- 26th February, 2020: A Little Tea
- 28th February, 2020: Vorpal's Reading
- 28th February, 2020: Fight Test
- 1st March, 2020: Pair of Jacks and a Queen of Clubs
- 2nd March, 2020: That's Great Advice. Be A Shame If I Didn't Follow It
- 3rd March, 2020: Business, Then Pleasure
- 4th March, 2020: Oh the Humanity
- 4th March, 2020: Seamless Semantics
- 5th March, 2020: You Are The Dark Alley Now
- 5th March, 2020: The Thing About Friends
- 9th March, 2020: What Lurks in the Alleys
- 10th March, 2020: No New Scars
- 11th March, 2020: Sigrun's Gift
- 14th March, 2020: Reflect On Reflections
- 18th March, 2020: Torture For A Good Reason
- 19th March, 2020: An Unhappy Meal
- 19th March, 2020: Talking About Sturm
- 23rd March, 2020: Conflicting Needs
- 27th March, 2020: The Upper Limit Of The Teagan Formula
- 30th March, 2020: Lux Obscura Fashion Show - Exterior
- 1st April, 2020: As In The Eddas
- 3rd April, 2020: ... And In This Corner:
- 12th April, 2020: New Arrivals and Old-Timers
- 13th April, 2020: Pizza, Motleys, and Feelings
- 15th April, 2020: Hyena Time
- 17th April, 2020: Everybody Loves Cats
- 20th April, 2020: The Shield And The Stone
- 21st April, 2020: In the Doghouse
- 22nd April, 2020: What Johnnie Didn't Know
- 23rd April, 2020: Figuratively Melting Ice
- 26th April, 2020: Fractured And Imperfect And Doing Their Best
- 27th April, 2020: Nobody Likes Us
- 29th April, 2020: Making Plans is Not Sitting On Your Ass
- 3rd May, 2020: Autumn Expedition
- 3rd May, 2020: I Ask No Greater Honor
- 7th May, 2020: Can't We Just Have Coffee Without It Turning Into A Clusterfuck PLEASE?!?!
- 16th May, 2020: Sturm's Oath
- 18th May, 2020: Breakfast Surprise
- 9th June, 2020: Not Our Faults That They Broke
- 12th June, 2020: Gabby Gursies
- 13th June, 2020: Neat Party Trick
- 13th June, 2020: Deep Roots, Weak Branches: Oso
- 20th June, 2020: Airborne Healing Corps
- 23rd June, 2020: Never Skip Spin Day
- 29th June, 2020: Reading For Spanish
- 5th July, 2020: I've Been Really Thirsty
- 12th July, 2020: An Autumn Meeting
- 16th July, 2020: What You Still Fear
- 19th July, 2020: Finding Time To Play
- 21st July, 2020: Flashy Knives and Karate Gimmicks
- 24th July, 2020: The World Would Break Under The Strain
- 25th July, 2020: Deep Roots: What The Hams
- 28th July, 2020: Where Your Heart's At Home
- 29th July, 2020: Hunting for Trouble... and rolodices.
- 30th October, 2020: Silver Threads: The Eventual Job
- 31st October, 2020: Forbidden Log Name
- 11th December, 2020: Friends of Lux
- 13th December, 2020: Snuggling Summers
- 17th December, 2020: Something Unfinished Part 1
- 21st December, 2020: A Little Bit Wyrd
- 24th December, 2020: Something Unfinished Part 2
- 24th December, 2020: A Different Sort of Magic
- 25th December, 2020: Cold In The Park
- 25th December, 2020: Philosophies of Winter and Autumn
- 26th December, 2020: Something Unfinished Part 3
- 26th December, 2020: Where Does She Get Such Wonderful Toys?
- 30th December, 2020: Winter Solstice 2020
- 1st January, 2021: Waffles And Backstory
- 27th January, 2021: Rare Variant Meeting
- 27th January, 2021: Chance Connections
- 30th January, 2021: Crafting a Talen with an Audience of One
- 9th February, 2021: A Hell Of A Life
- 13th February, 2021: On A Scale Of Cat To Dog
- 13th March, 2021: Silver Threads: What Johnnie Found
- 3rd April, 2021: The Eyes of the Mask: What Didn't Happen
- 9th April, 2021: Interesting Times
- 10th April, 2021: About A Sleeping Bird
- 11th April, 2021: The Eyes of the Mask: About A Man
- 18th April, 2021: Just Cheeseburger Your Coat
- 25th April, 2021: Fight A Different War
- 2nd May, 2021: Huntsmen And Helldivers
- 2nd August, 2021: What Fae Get Wrong
- 16th August, 2021: A Little Bit Of Junk Food